The driveway can be a disregarded architectural feature of your home. However, on a lot of occasions, it’s what individuals see first. Whenever there’s a sense of unity between the surrounding landscape and the home’s style, a driveway appears great. Thus, the material you pick will play a huge role in how your driveway fits your property’s aesthetic, whether it is smooth and sleek or rustic and rugged. Aside from that, it will also affect the maintenance, durability, and cost of the driveway.
From a bluestone paving to a concrete driveway Oxnard, here are several ideal materials for your driveway:
Bluestone is a type of sandstone. It’s utilized to produce very sophisticated looking driveways. It comes in different sizes and shapes and provides a range of looks. The reason for this is that you can cut it into tiles, crushed into gravels, or left in bigger slabs.
Here are several things to consider if you choose bluestone pavers for your driveway:
- You can combine bluestone with other paving materials. For instance, for a stylish and smart look, you can lay bluestone around the edges of the exposed aggregate driveway.
- Bluestone has an elegant color that starts as a deep blue. However, it fades over time to a light shade of grey due to constant exposure to the sun.
- Bluestone is extremely durable. You can shape and cut it to fit your needs.
It’s an extremely versatile material that you can use to produce pavers for your driveway. It can also mimic a range of looks to fit your home’s style. You can make a smooth concrete driveway to match and contrast the concrete panels of your home.
Here are several things to consider if you choose concrete for your driveway:
- It’s one of the most affordable paving materials.
- A range of chemical concrete dyes and stains can be utilized to copy various colors. You can either choose mid-grey, yellow, dark-green, light-blue, and much more.
- It’s easy to maintain, long-lasting, durable, and strong. Unfortunately, it might crack over time. This is particularly true if you don’t maintain it.
This is a form of concrete finish achieved by getting rid of a thin layer from the top of the laid concrete to reveal sand, stones, shells, and/or pebbles near the surface. This shows up the natural colors and textures of aggregates with a gravelly and smooth surface. Usually, it’s fixed. Thus, you won’t have to worry about the materials moving around.
Here are several things to consider if you choose exposed aggregates for your driveway:
- The surface looks extremely effective contrasted with other paving materials. For example, if you want to add a visual appeal to your exposed aggregate driveway, you can use two bands of tumbled bluestone cobbles. You can connect it with your home’s strong lines.
- Exposed aggregate is available in a variety of mixes. This will help you choose various texture and color combinations to fit your property and house.
- This material needs little maintenance. However, it usually requires resealing every several years.